The Administrative Services Division consists of two main units with many specialized sub-units that provide service and support to the public and the rest of the Department. The two units are:
The operating hours for the Administrative Unit are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and can be reached by telephone at (530) 225 - 4292 or by fax at (530) 225 - 4568.
- Training Manager: Responsible for the training of all police officers and civilian personnel at the department.
- Updating our written policy and procedures based on new laws, new technology, or new services.
- Investigating all citizen complaints and claims for damages.
- Hiring of new personnel. This includes testing, interviewing, and completing background investigations, as well as conducting new employee orientation.
- The Neighborhood Watch program is designed to assist concerned citizens with organizing their particular neighborhood to be the eyes and ears of the police and work closely with police representatives.
The operating hours for the Services Unit are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm and can be reached by telephone at (530) 225 - 4200 or by fax at (530) 225 - 4553.
- Records Unit: This unit types and maintains all the reports generated by the other divisions.
- Telephone Response Unit: This unit handles calls for service that are past tense and don't require an officer to respond (or don't require an officer to respond in an immediate manner).
- Property Unit: The Property Unit maintains all found property and property held as evidence.
- Building and grounds maintenance.